Account Services to help you manage your finances.
AEA offers the following account services to help you manage your accounts and reach your financial goals.
Overdraft Coverage Options
AEA Federal Credit Union understands that unexpected overdrafts occur from time to time—Overdraft Coverage can help.
Overdraft Protection services apply to all transactions and may help prevent overdrafts by automatically transferring funds to your checking account from another account or line of credit you may have at AEA Federal Credit Union for a finance charge. Please note that overdraft lines of credit are subject to credit approval.
Overdraft Privilege allows you to overdraw your account up to the disclosed limit for a fee in order to pay a transaction. Even if you have overdraft protection, Overdraft Privilege is still available as secondary coverage if the other protection source is exhausted.
AEA offers three options to help protect you from accidental overdrafts.
Overdraft from your Share Savings Account
Automatically transfer funds from your linked Share Savings Account, up to your available balance for a fee of $5 per transfer.
Overdraft Protection Line of Credit
Protect yourself from overdrawing your checking account with an Overdraft Protection Line-of-Credit (LOC). Funds are transferred to your checking account from your LOC as needed to cover overdrafts. This option is available on approved credit, has competitive interest rates and there are no annual fees or transfer fees for this service.
Overdraft Privilege (ODP)
As an added measure of protection, if you do not have enough in savings or an approved LOC, we may elect to pay your overdrafts for a fee of $32 per item. At our discretion, we may pay an item when you do not have enough money in checking, taking the account negative up to an approved Overdraft Privilege limit. You’ll then have 32 days to bring your account balance positive.
- Standard Overdraft Privilege – Covers checks, ACH (automatic debits), online bill pay items, internet banking transfers, teller window transactions, and Shared Branch transactions.
- Extended Overdraft Privilege – Covers ATM withdrawals* and everyday debit card transactions, in addition to checks, ACH (automatic debits), online bill pay items, internet banking transfers, teller window transactions, and Shared Branch transactions.
*Please note that Overdraft Privilege is currently not available for ATM transactions, but will be available in the near future.
What Else You Should Know
- A link to another account or a line of credit is a less expensive option than an overdraft. A single larger overdraft will result in just one fee, as opposed to multiple smaller overdrafts. Good account management is the best way to avoid overdrafts. Use our mobile banking, Internet banking, and telephone banking services to keep track of your balance.
- The $32 Overdraft Fee is the same fee amount that is charged if a check is returned as unpaid. If multiple items overdraw your account on the same day, each item will be assessed an appropriate Overdraft Fee or a Nonsufficient Funds Fee of $32. All fees and charges will be included as part of the Overdraft Privilege limit amount. Your account may become overdrawn in excess of the Overdraft Privilege limit amount as a result of a fee.
- We generally post items in the following order: 1) credits, 2) ATM and debit card transactions (in the order received), 3) ACH debits (in order received), 4) checks (in order by check number); however, exceptions will occur. Holds on funds (described below) and the order in which transactions are posted may affect the total amount of Overdraft Fees or Nonsufficient Funds Fees assessed.
- Although under payment system rules, AEA Federal Credit Union may be obligated to pay some unauthorized debit card transactions, AEA Federal Credit Union will not authorize ATM or everyday debit card transactions unless there are available funds (including Overdraft Coverage Options) to cover the transactions and any fee(s).
- Giving us your consent to pay every day debit card and ATM overdrafts on your consumer account may result in you incurring Overdraft Fees for transactions that we would otherwise be required to pay without assessing an Overdraft Fee. However, this would allow us to authorize transactions up to the amount of your Overdraft Privilege limit and may also help you avoid overdrafts in excess of your available funds that could result in restriction of your debit card.
- AEA Federal Credit Union authorizes and pays transactions using the available balance in your account. The available balance is comprised of the ledger balance (collected funds) less any debit card holds, and does not include any deposited funds on hold. AEA Federal Credit Union may place a hold on deposited funds in accordance with our Understanding Our Relationship Disclosure. If the funds in the available balance are not sufficient to cover a transaction, any available overdraft protection and/or the amount of the Overdraft Privilege limit, may be used to authorize and pay a transaction.
- Please be aware that the Overdraft Privilege amount is not included in your balance provided through internet banking, mobile banking, or AEA Federal Credit Union’s ATMs.
- AEA Federal Credit Union will place a hold on your account for any authorized debit card transaction until the transaction settles (usually within two business days) or as permitted by payment system rules. In some cases, the hold may exceed the amount of the transaction. When the hold ends the funds will be added to the available balance in your account. If your account is overdrawn after the held funds are added to the available balance and the transaction is posted to the available balance, an Overdraft Fee may be assessed.
- Except as described in this letter, AEA Federal Credit Union will not pay items if your account does not contain available funds (including the Overdraft Privilege limit) to cover the item(s) and the amount of any fee(s).
• We may restrict your debit card use if you incur overdrafts in excess of the available funds in your account, including any Overdraft Privilege limit. If you use your debit card for recurring payments, e.g., utilities, and your debit card is ever suspended, these transactions will be declined or returned to the payee(s). You will need to make other arrangements to make these payments to the payee(s).
- Overdraft Privilege is not a line of credit; it is a discretionary overdraft service that can be withdrawn at any time without prior notice.
- Overdraft Privilege may be discontinued if you default on any loan or other obligation to us, your account becomes subject to any legal or administrative order or levy, or if you fail to maintain your account in good standing by not bringing your account to a positive balance within 32 days for a minimum of one business day.
- Depositor and each Authorized Signatory will continue to be liable, jointly and severally, for all overdraft and fee amounts, as described in the Understanding Our Relationship Disclosure. The total (negative) balance, including all fees and charges, is due and payable upon demand.
If you have any questions about Overdraft Protection or Overdraft Privilege, please call us at 928.783.8881 or visit any branch.
Tired of waiting in long Teller lines just to deposit your paycheck? With Direct Deposit, your regular paycheck or retirement benefits check (Social Security, pension, etc.) will deposit directly into your account on the payment date, which means it will be available to you sooner than with a paper check deposit.
Enjoy the peace of mind, knowing your check will be on time with no worries of mail delays or having it stolen from your mailbox.
Direct Deposit saves time, too, because it eliminates the need to make a special trip just to deposit your check. Contact your employer to see if they offer this time saving, secure, and convenient service.
For payroll, pension, or other recurring pay:
Step 1. Click here to print the Direct Deposit form. (Click here for Federal Direct Deposits)
Step 2. Complete form and mail or fax to:
AEA Federal Credit Union
Member Communications Center
1780 S. First Avenue
Yuma, AZ 85364
Or bring it in to any branch.
Questions? Please contact us for assistance.
To receive funds into your AEA account from another institution with a wire service, provide the following information to the institution sending you the funds:
TRANSFER TO: Catalyst Corporate FCU
ABA Routing # 311990511
CREDIT TO: AEA Federal Credit Union
ABA Routing Number # 322173217
FINAL CREDIT: Member name
Member account number
If a foreign remitter is requesting you provide a SWIFT Code, let your remitter know that a SWIFT code is not required for you to receive international funds.
Foreign financial institutions typically have relationships with U.S. correspondent’s banks. U.S. correspondent banks will convert foreign currency wires to U.S. dollars if necessary and route wires to domestic financial institutions based on ABA routing numbers.
To send funds from your AEA account please visit an AEA branch.