News & Updates
Important Notice Regarding Branch Lobby Access
We care tremendously about the health and safety of our team and you, our members. We continue to follow developments on the coronavirus (COVID-19) and the directions given by local, state, and national leaders. For this reason, we are taking additional actions to comply with their social distancing recommendations.
We have made temporary changes to branch access which are effective until further notice as directed by our local, state, and national leaders.
- Our Central Branch lobby will only be open to members 65 and older. Our drive-thru will continue to be open during normal business hours. Drive up and walk up ATMs are available.
- Our Albertsons Branch will remain closed. The ATM is available.
- Our Foothills and Somerton Branch lobbies will continue to be closed. Drive-thru's at these branches will be open during normal business hours and ATMs are available.
- Our Parker Branch lobby will be limited to 10 people at a time and is open during normal business hours and the ATM is available.
- On Saturday's, the Central and Somerton Branch drive-thru's will be open from 10am-2pm.
- AEA Online Banking, the AEA Mobile App, and Tellerphone are available 24/7. Once enrolled, you can view your transactions and account balances, make loan payments, and transfer funds.
If you are experiencing financial difficulty, we want you to know that we are here to help. Please reach out to us to discuss your options with one of our experienced team members.
As we navigate this evolving situation as a community, we are reminded of the importance of working together. Thank you for being a part of our AEA family - today and everyday.
An Update for Our Members: Coronavirus (COVID-19)
There is no higher priority to AEA Federal Credit Union than the safety of our team, our community, and you, our members. In light of recent developments involving the coronavirus (COVID-19), we want to assure you that our entire team is here to support you and we will continue to provide you with reliable access to the financial services you count on.
All five of our branch locations are open and our team is here to serve you. In addition to branch locations, we provide a variety of other ways to access your accounts:
- AEA Online Banking and Mobile App give you the flexibility to view transactions, make loan payments, transfer funds, and deposit checks using Remote Deposit. Enroll Today >>
- Call Tellerphone at (888) 371-8849, if you are enrolled, to check your account balance, transfer funds, and make loan payments.
- Visit a Surcharge-free ATM. With your AEA Visa®Debit Card you have access to nearly 30,000 ATMs nationwide. Wherever you go, you can always find an ATM that will safely, securely and quickly meet your cash needs. Find the Nearest ATM >>
- Call or Chat with a Member Service Representative at (928) 783-8881 and aeafcu.org during regular business hours.
- Enroll in Direct Deposit to have your paychecks automatically deposited into your account. Start Today >>
As we move forward, it is important to get your updates from reliable local, national, and worldwide sources, including:
Thank you for being a valued AEA Federal Credit Union member. We are here to serve you today and everyday.
Peter Barron Stark Companies Honors AEA Federal Credit Union for Workplace Excellence
August 2019 - AEA Federal Credit Union has received the “Award for Workplace Excellence” from Peter Barron Stark Companies (PBS). The award is based on the results of the PBS 2019 Employee Opinion Survey of AEA employees. The honor is awarded to exceptional organizations committed to a culture of workplace excellence and is limited to those that achieve an overall favorable response exceeding 80.0 percent on their Employee Opinion Survey. AEA Federal Credit Union joins other outstanding organizations who have received this honor.
The award recognizes workplace excellence based solely on actual employee feedback regarding a broad range of customized engagement and workplace factors. The survey process provides employees with an efficient way to provide feedback that is heard at all levels of the organization.
“Organizations who receive this award are focused on creating a culture of workplace excellence and see significant improvement not only in their organizational results but in the number of engaged employees as well,” said Peter Stark, President of Peter Barron Stark Companies. “We are thrilled to recognize the AEA Federal Credit Union leadership team in their dedication to growing an organization that values and appreciates its employee resources.”
Upon receiving the award, Adele Sandberg, President/CEO of AEA Federal Credit Union commented, “It is our goal to create an environment where employees love to come to work and feel valued. Receiving this award validates that we have a strong team comprised of exceptional employees committed to achieving high levels of performance.”
AEA Federal Credit Union Receives Bauer’s Top 5-Star Rating and is Named Best of the Best by MemberXP
April 2019 - BauerFinancial, Inc., the Nation’s Premier Bank and Credit Union Rating Firm based out of Coral Gables, Florida, salutes AEA Federal Credit Union, Yuma, Arizona for its financial excellence. AEA Federal Credit Union earned Bauer’s highest (5-Star) rating for financial strength and stability. This rating indicates that AEA Federal Credit Union excels in areas of capital adequacy, profitability, asset quality and much more.
“The People Helping People ideology that engenders credit unions”, observes Karen Dorway, president of BauerFinancial, “is alive and well. Credit unions base decisions on relationships, not just on numbers. We seem to be coming to a point where human interaction is regaining importance. Technology is an invaluable tool, but only when it enhances the member experience. AEA Federal Credit Union has never lost sight of that.”
AEA was also designated as one of 2019’s “best of the best” credit unions by MemberXP, a credit union member experience measurement platform. The MemberXP Best of the Best designation is awarded to credit unions that consistently provide exceptional levels of member service during a calendar year. This prestigious award is given to fewer than one in five of the high-performing credit unions using MemberXP’s service evaluation platform. A credit union cannot apply for this award. It is independently granted by MemberXP based on specific criteria including member service and ease of use.
“AEA Federal Credit Union’s top scores indicate a real commitment to doing what is right for members,” said Constance Anderson, founder of MemberXP. The MemberXP platform utilizes mystery shops and member surveys to gauge the overall member experience across multiple delivery channels and specific experiences such as getting a loan or opening a new account.
“Receiving the 5 Star Bauer rating and being recognized as Best of the Best by MemberXP is a testament to the efforts of our dedicated board of directors, leadership team and staff,” states Adele Sandberg, AEA’s President/CEO. “The future is bright at AEA and I am honored to be a part of such a great organization and team.”