Guaranteed Asset Protection (GAP)
The value of a new vehicle can depreciate faster than the balance of your loan, leaving a gap between what you owe and the actual value of the vehicle. If stolen or totaled, you would be responsible for paying the difference between the loan balance and the amount of your insurance company's payment. For a one-time fee, you can protect yourself against this potential loss. Just ask us about GAP protection and current pricing.
Member’s Choice™ Borrower Security
This is a voluntary debt cancellation program that can cancel your eligible loan balance up to the agreement maximum should you die before paying off your loan.
If you become disabled due to a protected illness or injury, Member’s Choice Borrower Security can cancel your monthly loan payment, up to the agreement maximum. With payment cancellation, both the principal and interest portions of your loan payment are cancelled, up to the agreement maximum, and your loan balance declines.
If you become involuntarily unemployed, Member’s Choice Borrower Security can defer the principal portion of your loan payment and cancel the interest portion up to the agreement limit. With interest cancellation, the loan balance does not decline. Program and other fees may continue to accrue.
With Member’s Choice Borrower Security, you can only buy enough protection to cover your loan balance.
*Subject to change.
Mechanical Repair Coverage
MEMBER’S CHOICE® Mechanical Repair Coverage can help deflect some risk of costly repairs keeping your vehicle running extra miles and extra years. With different coverage levels and deductibles to choose, there’s a plan to fit your family’s budget.
Whether you depend on your vehicle for work or getting your family to school and activities, you need transportation that’s safe and reliable. The older your vehicle, the more it takes to keep it in good working order. Not making small repairs can lead to even more expensive repairs and ignoring other repairs can be dangerous.
Benefits of the program*:
- Good at any authorized repair facility in the U.S. or Canada
- Rental reimbursement: up to $35 per day for 5 days (or 10 days for a parts delay) from day one.
- 24-hour emergency roadside assistance: up to $100 per occurrence. Includes towing, battery jump start, fluid delivery, flat tire assistance and lock-out service.
- Travel expense reimbursement: up to $500 for lodging, food and rental expense when a covered breakdown occurs more than 100 miles from home.
- Transferable: if you sell your vehicle privately, the coverage can be transferred for a fee, adding resale value and appeal.
- Cancelable: Receive a full refund within the first 60 days or a pro-rated refund thereafter less an administrative fee.
- No out of pocket expense at time of mechanical repair: (except for any deductible and any repairs not covered by the policy) – the covered repair is paid directly to the authorized repair facility by the plan.
- Ask about deductible options
*Program details may vary by state. Ask an AEA Member Services Representative for details or receive a quote by calling (888) 783-8881.
MEMBER’S CHOICE® Mechanical Repair Coverage is administered by Consumer Program Administrators, Inc. in all states except AK and CA, where coverage is administered by Virginia Surety Company, Inc., in WA, where coverage is administered by Automotive Warranty Services, Inc., in FL, LA , OK and WI, where coverage is administered by Automotive Warranty Services of Florida, Inc. (Florida License #60023) and in AZ, where the Obligor and Administrator is Consumer Program Administrators, Inc., all located at 175 West Jackson Blvd., Chicago Illinois 60604, 1-800-752-6265. This coverage is made available to you by CUNA Mutual Insurance Agency, Inc. In those states where MEMBER’S CHOICE® Mechanical Repair Coverage is offered as insurance (form MCCU-001-MBI) it is underwritten by Virginia Surety Company, Inc. MRC-896721.1-0414-0516 © CUNA Mutual Group 2014, All Rights Reserved.